- The wear plate is manufactured by depositing high chromium, wear resistant materials on the mild steel base plate using open arc or submerged arc welding process.
- Consistent wear resistance guaranteed from surface down to 75% depth of the overlay.
- The volume fraction of primary carbides is maintained between 30 to 50% to provide a good combination of wear resistance and homogenous bonding.
- Plate hardness ranges from HRC58-65. The hardness is tested on machined flat surface just below overlay surface.
- Fine cracks perpendicular to the welding bead is normal due to natural stress relieving in a very hard matrix.
- Staggered cracking pattern on overlay surface contributes to good formability.
- The wear plate is suitable for severe wear and moderate impact applications.
2. Typical Applications
Wodon plate is widely used in the mining, power plant, port, cement, steel plant, glass, waste handling, glass, dredging, pulp and paper industries. Some applications are as below:
- Mining: Hopper and bin liners, Chute and feeder liners, dump truck body liners, dozer blades, shovel buckets, dragline buckets, excavators
- Cement: Separator guide blades, vertical mixer liners, conveying pipelines, screw conveyors, distributors, sintering ore conveying chute, hopper liners
- Power: Pipelines, coal feeder chutes, coal hoppers,coal mill shell liner, classifier cones, journal liners, deflectors.
- Steel: Bin liners, hopper liners, coke vibrating screen plates, housing liners, sintering fan blade, discharging ducts.
|Thickness(backing plate + overlay)||W x L (mm)|
|1,400 x 3,000|
6+6, 8+5, 8+6, 8+7, 8+8, etc
|1,400 x 3,500|
|10+8, 10+9, 10+10, 10+20, 12+12, 12+20, 12+32, 12+50,14+26, 14+32, 20+30, customized thickness||1,400 x 3,500 2,100 x 3,500|
|3.5-6.0||1.0-3.0||1.0-3.0||27-40||Mo Nb V W Ni B etc|
Note: Alloy content varies in different plate thickness.
Chemical composition, hardness, alloy content, thickness, size could be customized.
The backing mild steel plate provides Wodon overlay plates with structural integrity, which makes our overlay plates fabricated without damage to welding overlay, regardless of the shape and complexity of the structure. Wodon has the capabilities to manufacture and further process such fabrications or to supply formed, read-to-go wear liners.
- Cutting: Wodon overlay plates could be cut by plasma, water-jet, laser. Plasma cutting is the recommended method for cutting our plate
- Drilling: Straight holes and countersunk holes
- Studs Welding: Wodon plate can be fabricated with studs welded to backing of wear plate (M12, M16, M20 and M24), manually or automatically.
- Joint Welding: Wodon wear plate can be welded and assembled into kinds of wear parts
5. Our factory:Tianjin Wodon Wear Resistant Material Co. Ltd is located in Tianjin city, China's northern international shipping center. We are specialized in researching, developing and producing wear resistant products with many years experience in this field. We have more than 300 employees, with an annual capacity 140,000 m² wear plates and 9,000 tons of welding consumables. Testing equipment :Carbon-sulfur Detector, Portable Rockwell Hardness Tester, Portable Spectrograph, Desktop Rockwell Hardness Tester, Wet Sand Rubber Wheel Wear Tester, Metallurgical Microscope, Thickness Tester, Metallographic Grinding and Polishing Machine, Powder Test Sieve.5. More Information